Unfortunately many people do not take their medications correctly. Some interesting statistics include the following:
- More than 50% of people do not take their medication as prescribed.
- 20% of people take less medication than prescribed by their doctor.
- 12% of people do not take any medication at all, even after purchasing the medication.
- 12% of people do not get their prescription filled at all (for some health conditions, this figure reaches as high as 50%).
- 30% of people stop taking a medication before they are scheduled to.